--> expr:class='data:blog.pageType'>

Also Read

Security agencies have launched a manhunt for 1,884 inmates who have escaped from Owerri prison.


 1,884 Owerri inmates

Security agencies have launched a major search for 1,884 inmates who fled from the Owerri Custodial Centre in Imo State after it was attacked by gunmen on Monday morning. Six inmates who had escaped have returned to the prison, while 35 others were not able to flee during the attack. The attackers raided the facility about 02.15 a.m., using explosives on the administrative block to gain access to the yard. They were said to have arrived in large numbers at the centre in several Hilux pick-up vans and Sienna buses, armed with sophisticated weapons, and engaged the security forces on duty in a fierce gun battle right away. They eventually detonated the explosives to gain entrance.
In a tweet, NCoS spokesman Francis Enobore said that acting Controller-General of Corrections John Mrabure has ordered a thorough investigation into the incident and that a search and recovery operation has been launched in coordination with other security organizations to recapture the escaping inmates.

RELATED

  1. Security agencies launch manhunt for fleeing 1,884 Owerri inmates

  2. Imo attackers are members of IPOB’s ESN –IGP

  3. My father's friend raped me and filmed it – Victim

  4. VIDEO: Reno Omokri leads protest against Buhari in London

  5. In the assault on the US Capitol, a cop was killed.

According to the release, ‘Owerri custodial centre attacked by unknown gunmen,' six inmates have voluntarily returned to the facility so far, while 35 inmates refused to flee during the attack.
“While appealing to the good people of Imo State, and indeed all Nigerians, to provide valuable information that will aid the recovery effort, the acting Controller-General wishes to reassure the public that the security of the country's detention centers remains unaffected. “At this trying time in our history, he also instructed all officers attached to custodial facilities to remain vigilant,” the statement said.


RECOMENDED

    1. Imo attackers are members of IPOB’s ESN –IGP

    2. My father's friend raped me and filmed it – Victim

    3. VIDEO: Reno Omokri leads protest against Buhari in London

    4. In the assault on the US Capitol, a cop was killed.

    5. UK agency fines Oyakhilome’s channel N65.6m over COVID-19 sermon

    6. I won’t travel abroad for medical check-up –Wike

    7. Eight members of the RCCG have been abducted in Kaduna,

    8. Fury will beat Anthony Joshua unless… – Mike Tyson

    9. #EndSARS: We must weed out terrible eggs in Nigeria police –Gbajabiamila

    10. Uprooted herders have gotten to be desperados threatening Nigeria, says Miyetti Allah

    11. South-West govs creating problem for Tinubu’s 2023 presidential ambition –Miyetti Allah

    12. 2023: Jonathan knows I won’t back him In the event that he gets APC ticket –Wike

    13. PDP condemns attempt to assassinate Ortom, demands probe

    14. There will be no more Nigeria if Ortom is assassinated —Nyesom Wike

    15. JusticeForItunu: Nigerian Lady Sentenced To 20 Years
    16. TVs and Audio Category
    17. ‘Chamber not marketplace’, Gbajabiamila berates Reps who disrupted plenary

    18. N42bn debt| FG stops telcos from disconnecting USSD services

    #imo attack #ipob #jailbreak

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post